Self-esteem describes how we see ourselves, but many outside influences shape it. It is time to take back control and realize your individual worth. Read 10 simple phrases that will help you gain or regain your self esteem:
1) Life is too short to waste it on worrying about what other people think of you.
2) Everyone is beautiful, just in their own way. So are you!
3) Unless you love yourself, no one will.
The moment you start loving and respecting yourself, you will notice how drastically your life can change. Your love is the best gift you can give yourself.
4) Never underestimate yourself because of failure. Failure is only a part of success.
Sometimes, we tend to give our negative thoughts too much room in our heads. This results in sadness, depression and other negative mood states. We are only human and we all have such times in our lives.
5) Don’t be jealous when others succeed. Your time will come too!
The people we usually admire have qualities that we respect and aim for. But many people connect comparison to jealousy and these don’t always go together. People who are constantly trying to improve compare themselves to successful people. People who are jealous can’t often see the whole picture.
6) You cannot be loved by everyone. But at least it’s good to know that people love you for who you really are.
7) Everyone deserves love.
When you are feeling sad, you might think that you don’t deserve anything or anyone. But the truth is, in times like that you deserve love and compassion more than ever.
8) No one is only made of flaws. Search and you’ll find really good points in you.
Being grateful for who you are and what you have will help and motivate you to go further on your lifetime journey. Accept where you are right now. Only then you will be able to decide where you want to go.
9) In addition, no one is perfect! So stop seeking perfection, you only lose your confidence.
Every person has his own strengths and weaknesses. This is what makes us human after all.
10) Try as much as you can to achieve your goals.
Don’t forget to remind yourself of your achievements more often to become motivated to do even better.